Pure Evil

September 23, 2010 by admncc

I’ve often mentioned that my views on a lot of things changed when I became a parent.  And I mean that in a good way.  A friend once asked me what the true definition of love was.  And my answer – the way I feel when I look at my daughter – unconditional love.  I’ve also said that I truly believe that there are some people who shouldn’t be parents.  And the below-story is a classic example.

Meet Andreia Huffman and Jason Dunikowski.  She’s 37 years old and he’s 32.  They live in Cleveland, OH.  They have 10 children.  And they were recently indicted on 180 counts of kidnapping and numerous counts of endangering children and felonious assault.

Do you want to know what they did?  Over a six-month period, Huffman and Dunikowski essentially tortured their 8-year-old-son.  Each day from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., they made him stand facing the wall with his hands clasped behind his head as a form of punishment.  And while the boy was standing there, they repeatedly smashed his face into the wall, causing him to break his nose several times.  Further, each night, Huffman and Dunikowski “hog-tied the boy’s hands and feet with duct tape and tied him to the living room coffee table.”  The boy “was kept out of school for two years and he wasn’t even known to the school system.  Investigators say he could not read, could only count to six and thought he was 10-years-old.”  Another one of their children finally called the police.  You can read the full article here.

Huffman was given 34 years in prison and Dunikowski received 26 years.  There is no opportunity for early release for either of them.  Is it horrible that I don’t feel sorry for them or the torture they’re going to endure in prison?  How any parent could do that to their child is beyond me.  They’re not ill.  They’re just evil.

andreia-huffman-and-jason-dunikowski
Picture Courtesy of News Radio WTAM 1100 Cleveland

All Posts / Family/Lifestyle / Law and Order / Parenting / Relationships Andreia Huffman / Child Abuse / Cleveland / Illness vs. Evil / Jason Dunikowski / News Radio WTAM 11oo Cleveland / OH / Parental Abuse / Parenting / Torture /

Comments

1. Jen says:

Oh, they will get it good in prison once the others hear about what they did to a poor child. It’s been said countless times, you have to pass a test to do so many things in this country, but anyone can have a child!

They look like a bunch of winners in their mug shots. The sentence should have been life!

3. MajorLeague09 says:

That is just awful. How sad for that little boy. I think that the parents should be made to stand all day and have there face smashed in. I agree with Jen and hope that they get what they deserve in jail. I can’t see how any parent could do that to their child. They had 10 children, why was this one singled out and beaten? I hope that he can someday live a normal life and learn what it is to feel and be loved.

4. Meredith says:

There is a special place in Hell for those two. Sick. Sick. Sick.

5. Debbie says:

Evil walks among us. All we can do is hope a greater evil walks over them.

6. Candice says:

Yep, slow and painful torture would be quite appropriate here.

7. C. Princess says:

I hope these kids can stick together and go somewhere where they will be loved and cared for. I cant even begin to imagine the psychological damage that’s been done to them. Hope the kids recover as best as they can.

As for the parents, I’m sure they’ll get what’s coming to them in jail and will be sleeping with one eye open.

8. Shannon OD says:

That is just sick – the disconnect people have from their children is really and truly disturbing–no sentence could have been long enough for what they did.

Death penalty would be appropriate here…

10. MEGAN says:

Some people should not be parents. Why do you need a fishing license but not a parenting license? Any dumbass can put a worm on a hook and make a baby. This is a truely heartbreaking story. unfortunately, whatever punishment these two monsters receive will never erase the pain and anguish they put the little boy through, and the other children who were witnesses for so long.

11. Jen says:

This story makes me sick!! I so very badly want to be a mother and it’s just not part of God’s plan for my life right now. Hearing stories like this makes me beyond sad!!

Thanks for visiting and the comment on my blog today!! I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog!!

Jen

The sad thing is that these horrible excuses for humans had 10 children. There are people out there who are trying desperately to have a child to love, and to nurture. To show all the things that life has to offer. This poor child has suffered enough in his short life, and has already had the “chance” removed from him. Hopefully he and the others get the love that they need so that they can overcome this.

As for the parents, although they did not take a life physically, they did take it emotionally, and I agree with Don (I don’t believe it either.. ) but the death penalty would fit this crime in my eyes. How bout a public stoning.

13. Angelica says:

This sickens me. I mean it seriously makes me physically ill. My dad was abusive while I was growing up but he started to back off when he knew I would go to my counselor. He never got this bad because I would never let him. The part that pisses me off the most is that BOTH parents did this to children. It’s no wonder our society is so fucked. I mean seriously.

14. Alexandra says:

It reminds me of that movie with Ellen Page, An American Crime, I think it’s called.
    This is just awful…

15. Jacki says:

Umm….only 34 and 26 years?? Why not life in prison??

People like this make me sick. I can hardly bring myself to say No to Emma when she asks if she can buy a book to add to the 168 she already has in her bookshelf. I can’t imagine what sort of evil is in a person to do those unspeakable crimes to their children.

And why, why, why do people have to fill out paperwork and undergo inspections to adopt dogs and cats, but yet people can just pop out kids left and right?? If someone abuses an animal and they are convicted of it, usually they can’t legally have any animals for a specified amount of time. But yet people can abuse their children and continue to have children.

Boggles the mind.