One Classy Girl

May 19, 2010 by admncc

I realize it’s not fair to take one situation and use it to stereotype all teenagers.  But here is a classic example of why some of the leaders of tomorrow scare me.  We’ve all made mistakes, but some people go a little overboard…

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce Jessica Halter from Lorain County, OH.  The Smoking Gun picked up the story about Jessica’s prom meltdown from over the weekend.

Let me tell you a little more…  Halter “was arrested Saturday night at her high school prom after she drunkenly assaulted a policeman, tried to kick a paramedic, and spewed a “bloody ball of spit” at one cop.”  Additionally, after refusing to take a Breathalyzer test, “Halter attempted to swing a chair at cops, and then began “smacking her forehead into the chair handle causing her nose to bleed.””  She has been charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and underage drinking.  You can read the entire story and view the police report here.

I’d be curious to know if the event chaperones were monitoring student behavior and if this situation could have been avoided – had her public intoxication been noticed earlier.  Or, maybe we should ask Jessica’s parents and/or guardians what they thought her prom activities were to include…

jessica-halter-mug-shot

All Posts / Entertainment / Family/Lifestyle / Law and Order / Parenting / Schools Arrest Records / Jessica Halter / Lorain County / North Ridgeville / OH / Parenting / Proms / Public Intoxication / The Smoking Gub / Underage Drinking /

Comments

Ah, my kind of girl. Blame the parents!

This is bizzare because I grew up out there and had dinner at that hall several times.

This is an example of how parents don’t teach their kids to respect authority, but demand the gov’t “takes care of them”. It’s an example of the results of liberalism and progressivism at its finest. This type of disrespect for authority is everywhere at a liberal protest, but nowhere at a conservative protest.

Keep supporting liberalism and progressivism, and this is who you will elect for congress in 20 years. Maybe in 30 years, she will be the President that tells all of us that the “Police acted stupidly…” Oh wait…we already have a “president” that said that….

3. I’m hoping that incidents like this are not common. Most of the proms I have heard about lately have been uneventful. That’s a good thing.

Interesting topic. I agree with NCD’s first statement about respecting authority. I’m glad she was arrested. The police report shows that she was given multiple chances to shape up.

5. Angelica says:

It’s a little bit scary to see people so young behave that way. You can’t always blame the parents. Maybe her friends were egging her on (I mean in drinking not the fighting, assaulting an officer, and smashing her face into a chair –wtf?) Or maybe she’s batshit crazy. Am I allowed to say that on here? Lol 😛

6. Angelica says:

Also, in regards to ReformingGeek’s post, at my prom I heard kids videotaped their selves having sex on the dance floor. I never saw the tapes but I do recall a big group at the back end of the dance floor. It’s sick.

Angelica, you need to be careful posting that kind of stuff here…Zig will start stalking you for your highschool and graduation year. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Zig seems harmless. But I agree that he’ll probably have a good comment for Angelica’s prom story.

9. Candice says:

Oh, kids. Prom is so outrageous. I’d imagine after spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on just one evening that didn’t turn out as magical as expected, I’d be a little pissed too.

10. Angelica says:

Well, I wasn’t the one doing it! I have NOTHING to be worried about. Lol 😛

11. Wow. I guess her hairdo is the least of her worries right now. 😉 Thanks for the visit today!

12. rachael says:

One classy girl is right… this makes me scared to have kids. I think it has to do with our society not showing and giving consequences to crazy teens. And praising rebelliousness. Crazy gal. I hope she gets help.

Rachael

13. Jen says:

She looks like one bad ass prom girl! I’m a little afraid of the crazy look in her eye and the self satisfied smirk. This one’s easy – blame the parents!

14. Angelica says:

I wonder if she knows that this isn’t usually the kind of picture one receives when they go to prom… 😀

Look on the bright side. Due to her actions, she was able prevent a teen pregnancy.

16. you know what i don’t get? those girls who have babies in the bathroom during prom.

what the?

and uh, i once met my boyfriend at work. he was my boss. we ended up engaged. then i ended it last december. but hey, at least it worked for you! =)

17. Marissa says:

Well, at least if you get booked on prom night, your hair and make-up won’t look too bad in the mug shot.

18. Zig the "People" person says:

Thanks, Angelica for the heads up? Where did you gop to Highschool? I can’t stalk you though. I am too usy getting NCD’s tongue out of my ass!

jane, the only comment i can think of is that….I wish I was from her highschool…

19. Zig the "People" person says:

Rachel, why would you let this crazy B decide if yiou have kids or not? I would say still havekids but promise to raise themn the right way and not let them become deviant morons!

Proms are a rough business that’s for damn sure, being a limousine business owner we deal with some serious stuff when it comes to proms because in today’s day and age kids have a massive arsenal of tricks up their sleeve. Hopefully she learns from her mistake and moves on.

Here’s an update on this one… Yesterday she pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of underage drinking and resisting arrest. The rest of the charges were dropped because she made a deal. She received 90 days of jail time, which was suspended in exchange for the expectation that she’ll display good behavior for the next year.

Let’s hope she learned a lesson. But unfortunately, now she has a blemished background moving forward now.