Cell Phone Shots – Volume X

March 31, 2010 by admncc

I took the below-picture in a local Applebee’s parking lot.

car

Admittedly, I was intrigued by the duct tape and half-missing front end.  The funny thing is that I know this vehicle is a safety hazard, but I can’t argue that, because this car is completely legal in the State of Ohio (where I live), where there are no vehicle inspection laws.

Here’s the alternative – I used to live in Pennsylvania and had to annually take my car to be inspected by a licensed mechanic who would pass or fail it.  And although you might find it hard to believe, they did fail some.

About the only thing the owner of this car is guilty of is not displaying a front license plate – also illegal in Ohio.  But the truly sad (and scary) part is knowing that unsafe vehicles like this are out on the road every day.

All Posts / Cell Shots / Family/Lifestyle / General Moaning Applebee's / Cell Phone Shots / Children's Safety / Highway Safety / State of Ohio / Traffic Laws / Unsafe Vehicles / Vehicle Safety Laws /

Comments

1. Leo Nevoli says:

On our Honeymoon, I remember looking out the window at the wing of the plane as we were taking off, and I could not help but notice a lot of duct tape on the wing. Seems like duct tape can hold anything together and make it safe again.

2. No vehicle inspections? That’s crazy.

Are you sure that this vehicle is legal? I believe EVERY automobile must have a bumper on both the front and rear.

4. Leo Nevoli says:

Looks like it has half a bumper on the front NCD, so I guess it would be half legal.

That car’s condition is ridiculous.

6. C. Princess says:

I can’t believe a car in that condition even runs!

But they did have time and extra cash to go to applebees in order to get some prepared grub. I have to say that I live in PA and that would not fly. It blew my mind to know that there is no safety inspection, only an echeck in Ohio. Hey, low smog emissions, but we are a moving violation waiting to destroy passers by.

That whole E-check is a waste of gov’t money…It’s a scam…a total waste of the tax payer’s money. It’s EASY to get around it, and it does nothing to improve emissions or the environment.

9. ZXT says:

I think the car runs fine. The only problem is his front bumper might fall and create an accident. This vehicle should fail the inspection.

Your kidding with this right? Now you have me compelled to show you things that are on the roads here in sunny Florida that are no where near safe and no where near as pretty as that car above. That’s a precious vehicle you have shown there, here that wouldn’t even warrant a second glance. Haha.

11. Jen says:

I’d save some money every year not getting my car inspected and emissions checked, but I’d rather pay and know everyone is held to the same standard!