The Night Owl
January 31, 2010 by admncc
I went to Wal-Mart on Friday night at approximately 10:15 p.m. My wife had forgotten that she needed a flash drive for Saturday morning…
Based on my visit, I’ve decided to plead with all of humanity to implement the following new rules.
- Don’t shop at Wal-Mart.
- If you must shop at Wal-Mart, do not do so after 10 p.m. on a Friday night.
I’m not a huge Wal-Mart fan as you all know. But one is literally minutes from our house. So needless to say, we do end up there on occasion.
I’ve blogged countless times about the way their way their organization is run. We’ve discussed their operations, the rude greeters and their customer service policies.
Here’s a quick rundown of Friday night’s visit:
- Flash drives were locked up, so I had to wait in the Electronics’ line.
- Waited for 20 minutes while a male cashier carried on a conversation and flirted with a female customer.
- I complain to Manager walking by and ask her to unlock flash drives for me. She says, “I’m only responsible for cash” and walks away.
- I get to the register; the employee apologizes and tells me he is now on break.
- Employee senses my displeasure and tells me he’ll get the flash drive even though he’s on break.
- Employee says flash drives shouldn’t be locked up, but Manager did it even though it’s contract to policy.
- I observe about 100 different variations of white-trash and hooligan-gathering throughout the store.
Happy Sunday. Enjoy the Pro Bowl tonight!