The Night Owl
January 31, 2010 by admncc
I went to Wal-Mart on Friday night at approximately 10:15 p.m. My wife had forgotten that she needed a flash drive for Saturday morning…
Based on my visit, I’ve decided to plead with all of humanity to implement the following new rules.
- Don’t shop at Wal-Mart.
- If you must shop at Wal-Mart, do not do so after 10 p.m. on a Friday night.
I’m not a huge Wal-Mart fan as you all know. But one is literally minutes from our house. So needless to say, we do end up there on occasion.
I’ve blogged countless times about the way their way their organization is run. We’ve discussed their operations, the rude greeters and their customer service policies.
Here’s a quick rundown of Friday night’s visit:
- Flash drives were locked up, so I had to wait in the Electronics’ line.
- Waited for 20 minutes while a male cashier carried on a conversation and flirted with a female customer.
- I complain to Manager walking by and ask her to unlock flash drives for me. She says, “I’m only responsible for cash” and walks away.
- I get to the register; the employee apologizes and tells me he is now on break.
- Employee senses my displeasure and tells me he’ll get the flash drive even though he’s on break.
- Employee says flash drives shouldn’t be locked up, but Manager did it even though it’s contract to policy.
- I observe about 100 different variations of white-trash and hooligan-gathering throughout the store.
Happy Sunday. Enjoy the Pro Bowl tonight!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I, like you, strongly dislike Walmart. I avoid it at all cost. I was soooo upset when the small, older Walmart in my immediate neighborhood closed to make way for—what else—a larger, Super-Walmart. The older Wal-Mart hardly had any shoppers (which is why I loved it) because, of course, everyone likes new and shiny.
But, I have found, when I absolutely must go to Wal-Mart, the best time to go is on Sunday night. In my city, this is the time when Wal-Mart is nearly empty because everyone shops immediately after church. The worst time to shop—immediately after church.
Hahaha, I’ve never experienced any REAL displeasure with Wal-Mart, but I avoid going there anyway at all costs.
I like Walmart. I don’t expect too much (except for a good selection, of course.) I carry a loaded firearm with me on a regular basis, and I can carry there, so that’s where I usually shop. It’s pretty inconvenient to dis-arm before going into Target.
The Wal-Marts up here don’t have the best reputation in customer service either.
I like shopping at WalMart, but you’re right CC, they can be rude. Like NCD, I don’t expect excellent customer service from WalMart, but I would want a better explanation than what that manager told you. She needs to work on her people skills, LOL.
Like I was saying, we sometimes end up there even though we don’t want to. But I still believe that Wal-Mart acts this way because they feel they have a price monopoly. Consumers go there whether they want to or not… LOL.
I agree but I think what you experience was really out of the line. I mean even the manager acted like he/she doesn’t care.