Cell Phone Shots – Volume VIII

November 12, 2009 by admncc

Mrs. Constant Complainer is currently traveling for work in China.  This is her first trip abroad.  She was excited, but at the same time worried about the time difference (13 hours ahead) and food (or lack there of) options.

Before she left, I told her that I would be curious to hear about the culture differences she observed.  Thus far, she’s certainly had some interesting stories.  I also told her that if she saw anything worthy of our “Cell Phone Shots” segment on here, to try and take a picture.

Even though the below-pictures simply show things that might be “the norm” for China, they are still tremendously entertaining and very easy to complain about.

This is a Chinese bathroom in one of the restaurants they ate in.  My wife said that instead of sitting, she had to squat and put her feet on what looks like the toilet seat…

chinese-toilet

During one meal, my wife was served these chicken feet.  I swear they look like real human hands!  What do you think?  Needless to say, she passed on this particular course.

chicken-feet

I’m sure we’ll have some more funny ones when she gets back.

All Posts / Business / Cell Shots / Entertainment / Family/Lifestyle / Group Sharing Blackberry Pictures / Cell Phone Pictures / Cell Phone Shots / Cell Shots / Chicken Feet / China / Chinese Bathrooms / Gross Food / Restaurant Bathrooms / Restaurant Food / Traveling Abroad / Visiting China /

Comments

1. MajorLeague09 says:

I can’t believe that toliet!!! They all must have excellant aim over there. As for the chicken feet no way!!!!

2. I would pass on the chicken feet, too.!

I encountered a similar toilet in France. Too weird.

3. Deb says:

A friend of mine goes to China on business frequently. He took his wife the last time. They were out walking in the city and she said “Oh! Look! A pet fair! Let’s go look at the animals.” He had to tell her that those animals were for dinner, not for pets. Tell your wife to pass on the chicken feet and go for the chicken beaks – more calcium.

I couldn’t/wouldn’t have eaten the chicken feet either.

5. c.princess says:

The chicken feet: that is just so creepy.

6. My wife and I saw a package of chicken feet in a grocery store in Montrose, CO while visiting her brother. We asked the butchers attendant what people did with them (how cooked, eaten, etc)and she didn’t know. All she would say is that they sell very well. Makes me wonder what these people know that I don’t but they sure don’t look very appetizing do they?

7. I could understand if the toilet was for men only, but for women too, that’s quite odd. The chicken feet look absolutely disgusting. I bet Mrs. CC can’t wait to come home 🙂

8. They sell chicken feet in Chinese restaurants in the US, as well, so that’s not too unusual. As for the toilet, yes, I remember these ground toilets… however, I wonder if it might be a tad hygienic to squat over instead of sitting on a germ infested toilet seat? Not many countries (including highly developed countries) offer some type of toilet seat cover. Who knows the reason behind it. I just know I wouldn’t want to be drunk and needed to use those toilets, because I might fall in.

9. Ew! They look like little baby hands! Poor Mrs. C.C., what a trooper! And, I’m sure she will agree, there is no lady-like way to go on that toilet!

10. Candice says:

Oh my god. I can’t help but wonder what those chicken feet taste like. What are their texture?

Jesus I just want to yack, I was really hoping for a hot girl doing something stupid for this version of cell shots. You killed me here, just killed me.

GOOOOOOO FORREST!!

Brings new meaning to the term “Splash your boots!”

As for the chicken feet, I guess it could have been worse.

13. CosmopolitanChic says:

OMG is all I can say….before anyone considers relocating to another country he/she better know the odds and ends of the cultural differences and ensure they are things you can live with.