Moron of the Week Award #5
June 3, 2009 by admncc
Wow, for starters, I just wanted to say that I couldn’t believe how yesterday’s post took off like it did. I had discussed the topic with several people prior to posting it and I knew opinions were going to be strong on both sides. But it even exceeded my expectations. It was fun to see so many readers joining in the discussion.
With that being said (and not everyone may agree with this); based on many of yesterday’s comments, I think it’s safe to say that the majority think we should nominate LeBron James for our “Moron of the Week Award.”
That’s right; the MOTWA is back. Here are this week’s nominations:
- LeBron James. Cleveland Cavaliers star who walked off the court after a loss to Orlando, refused to shake hands after the game and refused to participate in the post-game press conference.
- Turtle Lover Lady. The Pennsylvania woman who is searching for her runaway pet – a 52 pound, 2-foot-long African sulcata tortoise.
- Water Meter Biller. A Florida couple was accidentally billed $21,000 on their monthly water bill. The error was apparently caused by a faulty water meter. I’m wondering who in their public utilities office reviews the list of accounts before the bills actually go out.
- John and Kate Gosselin. Stars of the show “John & Kate Plus 8” on TLC. Both have reportedly cheated on each other and have elected fame and fortune over family. To make matters worse, Pennsylvania’s Labor Department is now reportedly looking into whether or not the TV show complies with child labor laws. Does anyone else think their “15 minutes” is up?
- Hyena Guy. The man who called the Department of Natural Resources to report that he heard a hyena in his backyard – only to later find out that it was actually his wife talking to his neighbor.
BTW, to celebrate the one-year anniversary of The Constant Complainer, there will be a series of fun posts going up over the next few days. During that time we’ll be giving away American Express gift cards and t-shirts to readers who leave comments…