Moron of the Week Award #2
April 2, 2009 by admncc
The post introducing this award last week was one of the most viewed that we’ve ever had. So I’m glad that everyone likes the idea.
Although, the funny part is that I almost won my own award in its unveiling. It was the skunk and the kid-in-the-street stories that were neck and neck. In the end, the kid (and his parents) took home the award!
Here are this week’s nominations.
- Law Guy. The twice re-elected city Law Director, who was released from prison on Sunday, only be locked up again on Monday. He was in jail serving a 90-day sentence for his latest DUI conviction. He has three prior DUI arrests. He also refused to resign and continued working as the Law Director while he was incarcerated. After his release, he admitted to drinking beer and is also accused of two other initial probation violations. His wife reportedly just filed for divorce…
- Club Owner Guy. The owner of a gentlemen’s club who allegedly let a 15-year-old girl dance there. As it turns out, the girl was a runaway from another state and only worked there for two days. But the owner is accused of not asking her for the proper identification that is legally required to prove one’s age and ability to work. I wonder if not covering your nipple is a violation of minor labor laws…
- David Cook. The reigning American Idol who complained on his blog that the fans weren’t giving him enough privacy. Dude, are you kidding me? You won one of the most well known reality shows on television and you just sold 1,000,000 records. You’re famous now. Stop being an infant and learn to embrace the fans who voted for you and made you a star. Reportedly, he has taken time off from touring to focus on his family…
- Peepshow Kid. Submitted by one of our readers, Sugar. She was changing clothes in the dressing room of a department store when this kid opened the door and just stood there staring at her. Is this voyeurism at its finest or another example of parents not watching their kids out in public…
- Pet Kid. Submitted by one of our readers, Jen. She witnessed four adults and one child standing in line together at Disney. The kid was on a leash, most likely so he wouldn’t wander off. The kid tripped and fell, but the adults kept talking and moving in the line. The kid was dragged on his head by the leash for several feet until they noticed what had happened. Here’s a thought – don’t take your kid to Disney if you aren’t going to watch him…
I think that’s a good assortment to discuss and choose from. It’s almost Friday. Have a great rest of the week everyone…
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Ok, this is tough. Clearly law guy is STUUUUUpppppidd! Club Owner Guy tops my list. As the mother of a girl, my mommy bear instincts kick in and I HAVE to pick this dude. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
Then I read the Pet Kid and wow! That’s funny! Still sticking w/ Club Owner Guy…
I must choose my own (pet kid)…trust me, you had to be there! Wow, so many morons in this world, this feature is really making the rest of us look pretty damn good.
I took my family to Disney World between Christmas and New Years and wrote a brilliant column about the experience: http://theconstantcomplainer.com/?p=80
I saw a similar situation, and I can tell you that on a packed day like December 29th, 2008 with 85 degree weather, it is certainly easy to empathize with those parents that want to put their children that are under the age of 5 on a leash.
Still I’m voting for the club owner. There’s no way he didn’t know that it was possible that this girl was under age. He should lose his ability to be in the strip club business and charged with a serious sex crime against a minor, and also be placed on the national sex criminal registry.
Club owner guy is an idiot. A business like that is already under a lot of scrutiny I’m sure. He clearly wasn’t on the straight and narrow. I hate David Cook.
I would have to say that each in there own right has the chance to be a winner. But with this list, I have to go with the Idiot who let the kid dance. Lets get real. If someone is going to pay their ‘Hard earned money” on an establishment like this… they don’t want to end up in the clink for touching a youngster..
Pet Kid, for sure. I’m opposed to those leashes on children for a variety of reasons, not least that it is a concession that you lack the ability to supervise your child without one.
I see it all the time in the mall parents with leashes around their children and they tug at them as if they are a dog. I don’t have any children so maybe I don’t have the right to say this but the leash conveys an inappropriate message by using physical force instead of words to keep your child near you. If you don’t want your child to run off, teach them not to run off.
One of my favorite times of the week, love the post. I initially didn’t even want to read pass the dirtbag at the strip club and instantly wanted to rant about that, than I saw the guest submission in regards to the kid on a leash….
This is a tough one for me but the stripclub guy takes the cake.. Moron.
As for the kid with the leash and Disney, every time I go there (which is a few times a year) I see these brain dead parents walking their kids like their pets and it pisses me off. I have been to Disney a few times in my life, with MULTIPLE kids… None ever on a leash, not called for and pathetic parenting. I wish you would have saved that one for next week 🙂
Talk about bad choices…..
In jail for drinking….have a beer
Strip club owner being investigate…don’t follow the law
Pick (and get lucky enough for)a career where everyone knows you…get mad cause everyone knows you
Have kids, take them to an amusement park…put them on a leash
I would have to go with (in a close race) the guy who celebrated his release from jail for DUI with a beer in a bar. Sugar the peepshow kid is saved because he didn’t know any better but sorry about your situation
Definitely going with the law guy here, but the club owner comes in at a very close 2nd! And while I understand the parents who feel the need to put their kids on a “leash”, strollers and wagons work much better and look much less stupid and moronic!
When my kids were little, there were a few times that I was tempted to put one of them on a leash, but the ridiculousness of it always kept me from following through with the temptation!
I nominate NCD, because he is such a zealot!
I’m with Club Owner guy. Moron. But a slightly evil moron. I think the young pervert was just funny. Just think what’s in store for all the girls in his neighbourhood when he grows up … oh boy.
C’mon Zig, Don’t you have anything better than that? You just keep doing the same old things that didn’t work before…typical liberal behavior… Are you King Barry’s understudy? You might actually be just a little more intelligent than that moron.
Maybe you aren’t getting enough sleep with the baby at home…